- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Serves: 4
- 4 long fresh red chillies
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams organic tofu cubed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups shredded kale
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 whole roasted red capsicums sliced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 drops of tabasco sauce
- 1 avocado sliced
- The first thing you need to do is prepare the harissa paste. It's very easy, simply place the chillies, garlic, salt, coriander, cumin and olive oil in a blender and blend until it's got a paste consistency.
- Add the harissa paste to the cubed tofu and leave in the fridge for a few hours. This is essential as it will help the tofu absorb all the flavours.
- Now to prepare the salad the first thing you need to do is char the corn. To do that place a frying pan on high heat for a couple of minutes. When it's hot place the ears of corn on the pan and rotate the cobs every once in a while until all sides are charred, that could take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the cobs are cooled enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs in sections.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl (except the avocado).
- Now to cook the tofu, heat a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan, add the tofu and pan fry until all cubes are golden.
- Serve the tofu with the salad and 1/4 of the sliced avocado.